The Sussex Area Community Foundation administers funds from donations to provide scholarships to Sussex area students who are graduating from high school and continuing with post-secondary education at a public university or public college.
Scholarship applications can be submitted online or hard (paper) copy which is available at local schools or via the below links:
- Earl J. and Joan Cunningham Memorial Scholarship (SRHS) or online at Cunningham Scholarship
- Sussex Area Community Foundation Scholarship (SRHS) or online at SACF Scholarship
- Fran Simpson Memorial Scholarship (SRHS and BRHS)
The above scholarship applications include criteria and can be delivered or mailed to 625 Main Street, Unit Y, Sussex, NB, E4E 7H5. Office hours are Monday and Wednesday from 10am to 1pm or call for an appointment.
Scholarship recipients are determined by reviewers on a grading scale based on criteria with all personal information removed. Recipients will be announced at the respective school’s graduation.
Sussex Area Community Foundation also administers the following scholarships which have applications due to the respective school or selection committee:
- Florence Friars Scholarship in Business (SRHS)
- Florence Friars Scholarship in Nursing (SRHS)
- Oscar Friars Scholarship in Agriculture (SRHS)
- Sussex Class Alumni ‘Spirit’ Award (SRHS)
- James & Laura Dann Scholarship in Business (Hampton High)
- SRHS Class of 1998 “Unsung Hero” Award (SRHS)